Commercial & Property Law
Amadeus Legal are experienced in reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of Commercial Law agreements and contracts. We are also able to assist in all aspects of Property Law and leasing and we act for both landlords and tenants in preparing and negotiating leases, enforcing lease terms and conditions, and representing clients in lease disputes.
We deal with a variety of clients ranging from individuals to small and medium size businesses as well as various not-for-profit organisations and we pride ourselves in establishing ongoing relationships with our clients.
Amadeus Legal will provide you with clear information, pragmatic and commercially viable advice and we will clearly explain the commercial agreement or transaction at hand so that you have a correct understanding and are in a position to proceed. Our primary objective is to protect our clients’ legal interests in any transaction and we will work closely with you to achieve those objectives.
Amadeus Legal can assist with the following Commercial Law services:
- Agreements in relation to:
- business and asset sale
- loans and finance
- distribution and supply
- contractor engagement
- put and call options
- consultancy and confidentiality
- Terms of trade, waiver and credit applications
- Business settlements
Amadeus Legal will provide timely and tailored services across many aspects of Property Law including:
- Negotiation of offers to lease and lease agreements
- Preparation of retail and commercial lease agreements
- Assisting with assignments, sub-leasing and extensions of leases
- Advising on breach of leases and assisting with enforcement of lease terms
- Registration of leases
- Advice on sale contracts
- Advice on caveats, easements, covenants and other encumbrances
- Assisting with tenant / landlord disputes
- Issuing of default notices
- Assisting with due diligence
If you require legal advice for commercial or property related matters, please do not hesitate to Contact Us to arrange a meeting so that we can discuss your specific circumstances.
Amadeus Legal can assist you with a full range of debt recovery services and help with any money claims you have against your debtors. We will endeavour to secure payment for you as quickly and cost-effectively as possible, whether you are an individual or a business.
Amadeus Legal will advise you whether your debt recovery matter is worth pursuing, given that in some situations debt recovery is a costly exercise and disproportionate to the debt itself, or if there is a risk of a counterclaim.
Please Contact Us to discuss your matter in detail.
Conveyancing is the transfer of legal title or ownership of real property from one person or party to another. A conveyancer will, on your behalf, lodge the required legal documents and settle the transaction to effect the transfer.
If you are buying or selling real property in Western Australia, transferring a property under a Will, pursuant to an agreement or a court order, you will require the services of a conveyancer.
Amadeus Legal can assist you with the following:
- Residential and commercial conveyancing pursuant to a sale contract, including First Home Buyers
- Family Court transfers
- Related party transfers
- Change of name on titles
- Title searches
- State Revenue online stamping
- Survivorship and Transmission Applications
A Solicitor’s Certificate is a certificate provided by a solicitor confirming that the borrower or the guarantor in relation to a loan has received independent legal advice. The Certificate confirms that the borrower or the guarantor understands the potential liabilities and risks involved in signing the security documents. The solicitor can also confirm that the documents contain the terms the client agreed to in relation to the guarantee.
The most common scenarios in which a lender would request a Solicitor’s Certificate include:
- the borrower is married or in a de-facto relationship with the guarantor;
- The borrower is a child of the guarantor;
- The borrower is at risk of defaulting;
- The borrower is a trustee company transacting on behalf of the Trust.
Note on Fees
We often get asked by clients how much we charge for our legal services. Amadeus Legal have a very competitive and transparent cost structure, where we offer most services at fixed fees. We note, however, that certain legal services can only be charged at hourly rates. We will provide you with an estimate of your legal costs upfront, before confirming your instructions.